The Game Crafter game editor has some built in tools to help you promote your game to more people. To start promoting your game, you first have to publish your game. Then you'll see a "Promote" button become available.
You can make your game a featured game in the shop by spending crafter points. It costs 1,000 crafter points per day to feature your game on the site.
Once you've featured your game, it will be added to the featured games listing. And it will have a "Featured" ribbon added to it everywhere in the search results. This will give your game many more views than would normally be possible. After that, it's up to your images and your game description to get the user to add it to their cart.
Showcase Your Game on The Game Crafter
Adding your game to our Showcase costs 2,000 crafter points per day. Your game will be displayed at the top of The Game Crafter home page and shop pages and it will rotate with up to 6 other games that are participating in the Showcase. If there are more than 6, then every 15 minutes the system randomly selects 6 games from the list of Showcased games and shows them in random order.
There are several rules for participating in the Showcase. They are as follows:
- You must have sold at least 10 copies of your game.
- You must get your game reviewed by an independent third-party reviewer such as Father Geek or The Gamers' Table. And you need to receive a positive review.
- You need to have eye catching artwork.
- The game cannot be adult-themed (ie, you cannot have answered "Yes" to any of the Safe Search questions)
- Your game logo must be a transparent logo that contains the name of your game only (for more information, please visit http://help.thegamecrafter.com/article/37-shop-images)
Here is an example:
When you have met all of these criteria, you can apply to participate in the Showcase. Edit your game and click on the promote button. Then you'll be able to click on the Showcase button to apply.
Promote on Facebook
The Game Crafter has lots of followers on Facebook. If you spend 10,000 crafter points, we'll allow you to promote your game to our followers up to once per week. (Please note that adult-themed games cannot be promoted via Facebook at this time.)
Promote on Twitter