TGC is concerned about the environment, and we're working hard to reduce our footprint.
What We Do
Unfortunately, one-off production is far less efficient than mass production. That actually adds to our footprint, but one-off production also has some advantages:
- We produce only what people are going to use, so there is less waste if a particular game doesn't sell very well.
- New products are designed to use nearly all of the raw material that is required to make it. (ie. using most of a sheet when making cards)
- Any blank components that are left over from a game are kept and sold in our online shop to other game designers.
- We produce everything in the United States, where we currently sell the majority of our games, so there's less pollution involved in shipping.
- We buy game parts from U.S. manufacturers that actually make those parts locally wherever possible.
- We recycle all of our paper waste. Anything paper/cardstock/cardboard/etc... that can be recycled, is recycled.
Wood Filled Parts
We have many parts that are made with wood-filled plastic, which makes them very green.
- These parts are made of 40% wood fibers, which means they use less hydrocarbons.
- The wood fibers come from waste wood, which is taking waste out of the waste stream.
- This method of production expends less energy because there is less plastic to be melted down to form a mold.