TGC is concerned about the environment, and we're working hard to reduce our footprint.
What We Do
Unfortunately, one-off production is far less efficient than mass production. That actually adds to our footprint, but one-off production also has some advantages:
- We produce only what people are going to use, so there is less waste if a particular game doesn't sell very well.
- New products are designed to use nearly all of the raw material that is required to make it. (ie. using most of a sheet when making cards)
- Excess toner is collected by the print presses and that toner is then given to the manufacturer for recycling.
- We print with soy-based toner instead of petroleum-based toner.
- Our chipboard is recyclable and is also made of 100% recycled materials. 100% PEFC and FSC Recycled Certified.
- Our UV coating increases product durability and allows for longer use.
- The chemical we use in UV coating products gets fully used up by the machinery and no waste is produced.
- Any blank components that are left over from a game are kept and sold in our online shop, or donated to indie game designer events!
- We produce everything in the United States, where we currently sell the majority of our games, so there's less pollution involved in shipping.
- We buy game parts from U.S. manufacturers that actually make those parts locally wherever possible.
- We recycle all of our paper waste. Anything paper/cardstock/cardboard/etc. that can be recycled, is recycled.
- Our custom decks of cards now use recycled paper banding for packaging instead of plastic bags.
- Labels on all paper banding and plastic bags are made with recycled paper and are recyclable themselves.
- We ship our empty filament spools (from 3D printing) back to the manufacturer so they can use them again.
- We have started working with Replay Workshop to figure out a way to regularly recycle our 3D printer waste and acrylic waste.
- We try to purchase products for our office that are made of recycled goods. For instance, the park bench in front of our office (for employees to use on break) is made from recycled soda bottles.
- We are always looking for more ways to be environmentally friendly and sustainable. We'll continue to update this list as we find more ways to do this. If you've made it this far down the list, you care about the environment and we're glad you feel the same way as us. :)