UV coating is a special liquid that bonds to your game pieces via UV light. It protects your game from dirt, scratches, and moisture. It also makes your game pieces dry erase.
You can add UV coating to your game for $.25 per component sheet. To do so, visit the Make tab in your game and enable UV coating under the Surfacing section.
If you enable UV coating, every printed item in your game will be UV coated except:
- Blank stock components*
- Bi-fold game board**
- Play Money
- Score Pads
- Neoprene mats
- Engraved and Printed dice
- Printed Meeples
- Quad-Fold Game Board**
- Six-Fold Game Board**
- Medium Six-Fold Game Board**
- Poker Booster Pack
- Large Stout Box
- Acrylic Shapes
- Mint Tin
- Poker Envelope
- The back side of screens (only the face, or inside, will be UV coated)
- Clear Euro poker cards
- The pages and inside covers of perfect bound books (only the outside of the covers will be UV coated)
- The paper pages of coil books (only the covers and mat/cardstock pages will be UV coated)
- Prototype boxes (small, medium, or large)
*Please note that any blank stock items that you add to the Stock Components section of your game will not be UV coated.
**UV coating with dry erase compatibility is not available for bi-fold, quad-fold, six-fold, or medium six-fold game boards. While you can select matte finish, gloss finish, linen finish or spot gloss finish separately for these boards, none of these finishes are compatible with dry erase markers. The cost for gloss, linen finish, or spot-gloss finish on these boards is $1.50 per sheet.