We provide templates in a variety of formats, and the files can be used with the image editing programs listed below:
- Component Studio - This is the best way to assemble your component images for The Game Crafter. It also allows you to export your images directly to a game in The Game Crafter.
- Illustrator - This is currently the world's most popular vector editing program. It is extremely powerful and comes with a steep price tag as a result, but serious designers should own a copy. It is available for Mac and Windows.
- Photoshop - This is the industry standard application for editing images. It has a high price tag, but if you're a serious designer you should have this. It is available for Mac and Windows.
- Paint Shop Pro - PSP can give Photoshop a real run for its money on features. It has almost every feature you'd find in Photoshop, but for less than half the price. It is only available for Windows.
- GIMP - The GIMP is an open source image editor. It has nearly as many features as Photoshop and even some that Photoshop doesn't have. And best of all, it's free! It is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Pixelmator - Probably the best image editor available on Mac. Not quite as powerful as Photoshop, but much easier to use, faster, and much less expensive.
- Paint.net - A free, powerful, and easy to use image editor for Windows. Not a replacement for Photoshop, but quite capable, and may be enough for your needs.
- Inkscape - A free and powerful alternative to Adobe Illustrator. It edits SVG files, and is great for creating high resolution line drawings and other vector based artwork.