Custom Engraved Dice
Completely custom engraved dice are possible, and AWESOME, using The Game Crafter. We offer both Custom Wood Dice and Custom Acrylic Dice. If you're looking for a more economical option you may want to consider using our dice stickers + indented dice. Note: All of the custom dice we make right now are 16mm D6 (6-sided) dice.
- Editable on all 6 sides
- Blank sides allowed
- Simply design a PNG for each face.
- Use black where you want things engraved and transparent where you don't want them engraved.
- While it's possible to use JPG, don't unless you have no way to make a PNG. You won't like the results.
- While you can use white for the unengraved area, instead of transparent, it will not produce as good a result.
- Don't use images with dithering or gradients.
- Colors other than black will not engrave, so make sure you use color #000000 to ensure proper engraving.
You can see how to create a Custom Etched D6, make your images using our templates, load your images, and place an order here: https://youtu.be/aS8nsElfn5c
**Note** We highly recommend buying 1 copy of each item (per image), and checking that the images look the way you want in print before ordering more items. (Because we have no minimum order requirements, you can order only one item if you wish.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do you offer other shapes (like D8 or D4) or other colors of dice?
A: We have plans to offer more options, but we have no additional information to share at this time.
Q: Do the faces match up in any way?
A: Our process should result in side 1 being opposite side 6, side 2 being opposite side 4, and side 3 being opposite side 5. That said, we do not guarantee it.
Q: Can we control the face orientation?
A: Just like the faces, we will make an effort to rotate the dice in a consistent manner. After engraving face 1, we'll rotate the dice up. Then rotate it right 3 times, then up once more. However, we will not guarantee it.
Q: What if I want a regular D6 with pips but only one side has a customized image?
A: When we get these dice they come to us completely blank without any images or pips on them. This means that you will need to load images for all sides of the die into our system. Our dice do not automatically come with pips.
Here is a design Asset where you can get the other die sides that you may need https://www.thegamecrafter.com/design-assets/the-ultimate-custom-dice-kit